Today’s friday favorite is a picture from while Brandon and I were dating. This was right after we were reunited after I was gone for a week in Florida with Cru for Big Break.
It was a tough week being away from each other but we learned a lot during that time and it was so sweet to be able to come back together after a week!
I chose this picture because it shows our goofiness while also showing my pure delight of being back with my love ❤
Happy Friday everyone!
I would like to start a post called “Friday Favorites” where, each week, I share something that is a favorite of mine and/or Brandon’s.– a picture, a place, a song, a book, a movie etc.
Today’s Friday favorite is “When You Walk Into the Room” by Bryan and Katie Torwalt. We discovered this song just before our wedding and loved it so much that we had it play during communion at our wedding.
It has become somewhat of a life anthem for us…. “We love you/ we’ll never stop/ We can’t live without you, Jesus / We love you/ and we can’t get enough/ all this is for you Jesus./
We are the people that we are because of Jesus. And it was so special to us to be able to proclaim it at our wedding in such a beautiful way.
If you haven’t heard it before, give it a listen 🙂
“She’s not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or suicidal.”
“And the clackers just worship her!”
“They call them clackers. The sound their stilettos make in the marble lobby. Clack Clack Clack Clack Clack”
-The Devil Wears Prada
It’s a good day when I can quote “The Devil Wears Prada.”
Continue reading “The Clackers”
Here are some fun facts about Brandon and I!
- We met in Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU).
- We have been married since June 6, 2015.
- We are 2.5 years and 15 days apart in age. Brandon & his brother are 2 years and 15 apart. Brandon’s parents are 1 years apart and 15 days (so I fit the pattern! Woohoo!)
- All of the kids in my family (brothers and sisters) have A and B names. (Brandon fits our family’s pattern!)
- We both hate to be hot!
- We like to read together– and by read together I mean I read out loud to him while he listens 😛
- We both hate coffee.
- We love the Office (the american one.)
- We agree that sandwhiches need to be cut diagonally, into triangles (I have married into this idea.)
- We are extremely picky about our BBQ food (Sonny’s in the south is THE BEST!)
- We both earned our bachelor’s degrees at UW-Milwaukee.
- We love going for night drives and listening to country music with the windows down.
- We have driven to the west coast and southeast coast together.
- We love to entertain and have people over.
- We love to travel– our travel-to list includes: england, scotland, Italy, Norway, Hawaii and more!
- We both get sunburned really easily (our children don’t stand a chance at tanning well.)
- We love thunderstorms.
- We want to get a dog and name him Leonidas (so when the dog gets scolded Brandon can yell “Leonidas!”.
- Brandon is lactose intolerant and I grew up drinking a gallon of milk a week. (I spent a long time telling Brandon his Lactaid milk was not real milk.)
- Brandon is a severe extrovert and I tend to be more introverted. (I know, those of you that know him are SOOOO surprised.)
- We love going to the zoo and usually try to go to the zoo in any places that we visit. So far, we love the Omaha zoo the best!
- Brandon lived in 19 different places by the time we met in Milwaukee. I had never lived outside of Milwaukee County when we met.
- Brandon loves to mountain bike….. I choose to not do things that I will likely get injured doing (haha). Brandon says if he doesn’t come back bleeding, he didn’t try hard enough.
- The only place I have been to outside of the United States is Canada. Brandon has been to Mexico, Israel, Korea, England, Scotland, Ghana and Germany.
- Brandon HATES feet but worked in a shoe store for 5 years (where he put shoes on and off of people.)
We had the unique opportunity to spend our one year anniversary in California (which we never thought would happen.) We ended up working on our actual anniversary– duty calls– but we were able to have the morning off together and decided to go to my favorite beach, Goat Rock. My wonderful sisters had the foresight to have our guests write advice to us for different anniversaries to be read on the day of that anniversary. So, we packed the year one wine bottle of advice, a blanket, and our gifts for each other into the car and headed off for the beach. We found a spot and got settled in to enjoy each other’s company and reminisce on the year we had.
Continue reading “Our First Anniversary Adventure”