5 Best Places to Eat In Milwaukee Co.
For all my fellow foodies out there—since moving away from Milwaukee, there are certain restaurants that are unique to Milwaukee that I CRAVE while being away. Brandon and I make it a point to go to these places as often as we can when we travel back home. Whether it is for 24 hours breakfast, craft beer, creative pizza concoctions or taco Tuesday, these are some of the best places to get good eats in Milwaukee, Wi.
Continue reading “5 Best Places to Eat In Milwaukee”
My nieces and nephews have been in our family for almost half of my life. I can’t really even remember my life before my nieces and nephews. They bring so much joy in their goofy little stories. I would always volunteer to go pick them up from their daycare room because I couldn’t wait to see their giant smiles when they saw me at the door or gate. Nieces and nephews give some of the best hugs (it’s a known fact) and the best snuggles (my oldest nephew is a prime example of this.)
Continue reading “The Adventures of Being an Aunt”
Here are some fun facts about Brandon and I!
- We met in Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU).
- We have been married since June 6, 2015.
- We are 2.5 years and 15 days apart in age. Brandon & his brother are 2 years and 15 apart. Brandon’s parents are 1 years apart and 15 days (so I fit the pattern! Woohoo!)
- All of the kids in my family (brothers and sisters) have A and B names. (Brandon fits our family’s pattern!)
- We both hate to be hot!
- We like to read together– and by read together I mean I read out loud to him while he listens 😛
- We both hate coffee.
- We love the Office (the american one.)
- We agree that sandwhiches need to be cut diagonally, into triangles (I have married into this idea.)
- We are extremely picky about our BBQ food (Sonny’s in the south is THE BEST!)
- We both earned our bachelor’s degrees at UW-Milwaukee.
- We love going for night drives and listening to country music with the windows down.
- We have driven to the west coast and southeast coast together.
- We love to entertain and have people over.
- We love to travel– our travel-to list includes: england, scotland, Italy, Norway, Hawaii and more!
- We both get sunburned really easily (our children don’t stand a chance at tanning well.)
- We love thunderstorms.
- We want to get a dog and name him Leonidas (so when the dog gets scolded Brandon can yell “Leonidas!”.
- Brandon is lactose intolerant and I grew up drinking a gallon of milk a week. (I spent a long time telling Brandon his Lactaid milk was not real milk.)
- Brandon is a severe extrovert and I tend to be more introverted. (I know, those of you that know him are SOOOO surprised.)
- We love going to the zoo and usually try to go to the zoo in any places that we visit. So far, we love the Omaha zoo the best!
- Brandon lived in 19 different places by the time we met in Milwaukee. I had never lived outside of Milwaukee County when we met.
- Brandon loves to mountain bike….. I choose to not do things that I will likely get injured doing (haha). Brandon says if he doesn’t come back bleeding, he didn’t try hard enough.
- The only place I have been to outside of the United States is Canada. Brandon has been to Mexico, Israel, Korea, England, Scotland, Ghana and Germany.
- Brandon HATES feet but worked in a shoe store for 5 years (where he put shoes on and off of people.)
Being away from home last year (2016) for Easter was hard on me. It was the first Easter I had ever been away from my family. For much of my life, Easter was about time with family, Easter egg hunts and going to church as a family. Growing up, I may not have realized what Easter was really about– Christ’s sacrifice, death and resurrection, however I knew that it was a Christian holiday and that my family gathered to celebrate it.
Growing up, we would go to church, then have a family meal and find our Easter eggs and Easter baskets. Even when we grew older and it was my nieces’ and nephews’ turn to search for their Easter treats, my older sister always got things for us “older kids”. She is so thoughtful in that way, for all things.
Continue reading ““Take Heart, I Have Overcome the World” John 16:33″